Can't connect On Premise SharePoint 2016

Feb 1 at 10:58 PM
I keep getting this error message when I try to connect to my on premise SharePoint 2016 with Windows Authentication and current user (even if I type the username/password):

"Field or property "ShowPeoplePickerSuggestionsForGuestUsers" does not exist"
Coordinator
Feb 2 at 9:07 AM
Hi ComplexPanos,

please create an issue under the Issues menu. And include the error logs, check out Report a bug.

Regards Bram
Feb 8 at 12:17 AM
Edited Feb 8 at 12:23 AM
ComplexPanos wrote:
I keep getting this error message when I try to connect to my on premise SharePoint 2016 with Windows Authentication and current user (even if I type the username/password):

"Field or property "ShowPeoplePickerSuggestionsForGuestUsers" does not exist"
I have the same problem using 3.1 vs an on-prem SP2013.

I tried SPCB 2.4 on the site and got the message: "Field or property "ContainsConfidentialInfo" does not exist.
Coordinator
May 15 at 12:08 PM
The SharePoint Client Browser tool has 4 releases, each aimed at different versions of SharePoint:
  • v0.6 > SP2010
  • v1.11 > SP2013
  • v2.4 > SP2016
  • v3.2 > SPO (Online)
When connecting to SharePoint 2016, make sure you use the SharePoint 2016 Client Browser v2.4 download. This uses the v16.0 assemblies. The "ShowPeoplePickerSuggestionsForGuestUsers" property is not part of this release, because it is only supported in the SPO. This should solve your issue.

SharePoint 2016 Client Browser v2.4 support the property "ContainsConfidentialInfo". I'm not sure if this property has been available from the RTM of SP2016 or is introduced later. If so, you might need to install the latest CUs on the server first. But also, make sure you use the proper version of SPCB.

It looks like you try using release SharePoint Online Client Browser v3.1 which is not compatible with SP2013 on-premises. Please use SharePoint 2013 Client Browser v1.11.

Regards Bram
Marked as answer by BdeJager on 5/15/2017 at 5:12 AM